As the first student chapter in the Central Valley, our role is to get our community engaged with MSF’s work and to promote its campaigns:
1. Lead health equity advocacy campaigns.
2. Volunteer locally with underserved communities to help minimize the healthcare gap in the Central Valley.
3. Raise awareness and knowledge about humanitarian issues.
4. Encourage students to consider working with non-governmental organizations, such as MSF, post-graduation.
5. Fundraise for MSF’s global healthcare work.
Doctors Without Borders is an independent international non-governmental organization that focuses on giving medical care to those in crisis, irrespective of racial/ political factors. Known internationally by our French name, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), we are a team of physicians, nurses, medical assistants, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, logistics experts, and financial and human resources administrators. Our work is based on humanitarian principles. By operating independently, we are committed to bringing quality medical care to people caught in crisis, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. We conduct our own evaluations on the ground to determine people’s needs. To achieve neutrality, more than 90 percent of our overall funding comes from millions of private sources, not governments. We do not take sides in armed conflicts. We provide care on the basis of need. We push for independent access to victims of conflict as required under international humanitarian law.
MSF provides refugees with holistic care. MSF works to be first responders to natural disasters. MSF provides medical care based on needs alone always, even in war and conflict zones.
Our Instagram: instagram.com/fresnostatemsf